We provide Diploma Venues for our Diploma exams in our main exam sessions. Please see here for public session dates. There are currently 17 public venues in the UK and Ireland: Aberdeen, Ashburton, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Oxford, Tonbridge, Winchester, York, however some of these venues may not be open immediately.
Please indicate your preferred centre on your entry form and we do all we can to accommodate this request.
If diploma exams are not running in your preferred centre, your entry will be moved to an alternative centre.
We are also able to offer Visits for all candidates throughout the year. Exams can be held at premises (a school, teaching studio, home, etc.) provided by the candidate and visited by the examiner. These can be requested by anyone with at least 3 hours of examining and dates can be requested.
We will try to honour the Private Visit date you have requested however due to COVID-19, this may not be possible. We will liaise with you directly to find another date that suits.
We have new venue guidance and procedures in place to ensure the safety of candidates, examiners and teachers. The guidance explains what you will need to do to make sure your venue is suitable and safe, and that effective social distancing can take place. It is essential that you read and understand this guidance before you consider booking a Private Visit (particularly if you intend to host a visit in a private home).
Anyone organising a Private Visit accepts responsibility for providing facilities according to our instructions and for the appropriate conduct of the exam (see regulation 13f). Visit Organisers are advised to carry out a risk assessment (see regulation 13b). (Risk assessments do not need to be sent to ABRSM)
Instructions for Booking
We have changed how we accept entries for all diploma exams, and are not currently accepting paper entries. We will also be requesting all supporting documentation and submission of work at the point of entry. Please follow the instructions below to make your entry.
- Check exam dates, booking periods and fees and where we have Public Venues.
- If you are applying to hold a Diploma Private Visit, please ensure you have read our COVID-19 – Instructions for Completing Diploma Exams in 2020
- Download the entry forms here. Use the editable form to fill these in and save them to your device. Alternatively, print and fill in the entry form, before scanning them back onto your device.
- When you are ready to submit your Diploma entries, please use the secure email link below to upload your entry forms and any supporting documents to us. If you are submitting multiple entries, please ensure they are all included in the same upload.
Once you have clicked “Send Files” a message will appear to say “File(s) are being sent”. This means your files have been sent and you can exit the page.
- Please note, that all supporting materials, will need to be submitted electronically at the point of entry – along with the entry form. Please find more information about this here.
- On receipt of your entries, we will send you ABRSM bank details and a unique reference number for you to use when transferring your payment to ABRSM. Candidates should make payment as soon as requested. If payment is not received at least four weeks before the date of exams (or at an earlier date as specified by ABRSM), the entry will be cancelled. Payments which do not quote the correct reference number will not be successfully linked to the entry.
- We aim to give at least four weeks’ notice of exam appointments.
- If you send a paper entry to our office, we will destroy it securely to protect your personal information.